As much of an early adopter I am, I sometimes miss the boat on some big crazy trends. One of them was the iPod. No, I’m not kidding. I just got my first iPod ever (a pink nano video) about 2 months ago.
Boy am I ever glad I held out. I mean I feel like I missed years of music listening opportunities, but having video capabilities is just amazing. My favourite thing to do is load up some video podcasts and head to the gym. Before I used to watch TV at the gym and get de-motivated during commercial breaks (Poor attention span sometimes), but now I can watch the content I choose interruption and commercial free!
Here are a few of my fav podcasts (both video & audio) on a variety of topics:
- Ask A Ninja – A classic! It’s a silly show for Ninja enthusiasts.
- Generally Speaking Production Network’s Lost podcast – All Lost fans need to listen to at least one podcast & this one I particularly enjoy!
- Jaffe Juice – Conversation marketing podcast with Joseph Jaffe of crayon. Always loaded with useful information (in fact, that’s how I found out about the GSPN Lost podcast) and he’s got a delightful accent as well which always helps!
- Six Pixels of Separation – fellow Canadian Mitch Joel talks about social media and all sorts of cutting edge marketing stuff
- Wired News – Alt Text Podcast. Seriously, host Lore has made me burst out laughing numerous times. The first episode I listened to, he was dissecting the lyrics to “La Isla Bonita” specifically how it makes no sense.
This is really just a random sampling… but I’m always on the lookout for great new podcasts (especially video ones!) Please tell me your favourites in the comments…